- home >
- Company Overview
NovaSol, founded in 1998, is an employee-owned company dedicated to providing best-value technical solutions to complex military, industrial, medical, and environmental problems. We have facilities in Honolulu, Hawaii and San Diego, California.
We specialize in the research, engineering development, and productization of next-generation active and passive optical systems.
These systems provide coverage of the entire spectrum from the ultraviolet to the infrared with panchromatic to ultra-spectral resolution.
In the execution of each program or project, NovaSol applies its core technical competencies in sensors, optics and stabilization miniaturization technologies, performance modeling and simulation, software, spectral and spatial algorithms, data analysis.
NovaSol offers solutions, technology, and engineering development to the Department of Defense, industry, and other partners including:
• U.S. Army
• U.S. Air Force
• U.S. Navy
• Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
• Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR)
• Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
• U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
• Department of the Interior (DoI)
• Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA)
• Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD)
• Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO)
• Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training, & Instrumentation
• Civil Air Patrol (CAP)
• Counter Narcoterrorism Technology Program Office (CNTPO)
• Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)
• Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
• National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
• National Defense Center of Excellence for Research in Ocean Sciences
• Hawaii Technology Development Venture (HTDV)
• University of Hawaii
• DoD prime contractors and firms including Northrup Grumman, Boeing,
ITT, Textron, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, L3, QinetiQ, FLIR, In Situ,
NEC, and SAIC